One event on October 23, 2023 at 5:00 pm
One event on December 11, 2023 at 5:00 pm
One event on September 25, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Only $35. For this class, you must pay in advance with a credit card. Unpaid orders for seating will not be honored.
Our Handgun 2.0 is the next class you’ll want to take after our Intro to Handgun, or Intro to Handgun: Women Only class. We have developed this class just for you!
You will need to bring your personal handgun. We recommend using the handgun you expect to use for self-defense or for target-shooting purposes; in other words, the gun with which you want to get better! Expect a lot more trigger time under supervised instruction. We do limit class size so that the instructors can devote individual attention to help you improve your gun handling and gain confidence in shooting your handgun.
If you do not yet have your own handgun, rental handguns are available for a $10 fee from our range desk, but you’ll be better served by learning with the gun you expect to carry or shoot on a regular basis.
Our Handgun 2.0 class focuses on building your skills with:
–A quick review of safety rules and storage;
–Getting you more comfortable with handling, operating, and shooting your own handgun;
–Improving your aim and getting shots to hit where you expect;
–Smoother trigger operation and more trigger time with instructor oversight;
–Understanding reloading with simple magazine changes (for pistols) or speedloaders (for revolvers).
All in a safe and fun environment!
AS MENTIONED ABOVE, BRING YOUR PERSONAL HANDGUN TO THIS CLASS!
With our instructors’ experience in teaching and hands-on training, you can be confident that the training you’ll receive is among the best in the industry.
Important to Know…
1) This class is for those who have prior handgun experience only! You must have already taken our Introduction to Handgun class, or have had similar previous experience. If not, sign up and attend either our Introduction to Handgun or Introduction to Handgun—Women Only session BEFORE taking this class. If you are unsure whether you’re ready for this class, contact our range desk before signing up.
2) You should understand all the controls on YOUR handgun and be familiar with its safe operation.
3) This IS NOT a “draw-from-holster” class. Shots will be fired from low-ready or high-compressed ready positions.
1) You will need to bring your own handgun (UNLOADED) AND two (2) unloaded magazines (if pistol). For revolver, bring at least one (1) speed loader.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE DO NOT BRING A GUN WITH WHICH YOU ARE UNFAMILIAR, OR HAVE NEVER FIRED!
We recommend a semiautomatic pistol chambered in the calibers of either 22 LR, 32 ACP, 380 ACP, 30 Super Carry, or 9 mm (larger calibers are fine if you can shoot them effectively), or a revolver chambered in the calibers of 22 LR, 22 WMR (Win. Magnum Rimfire), 32 H&R, 327 Federal Magnum, 9mm, or 38 SPL (larger calibers are ok if you can shoot them effectively).
If you do not have your own handgun, we can provide one for you to use for an additional ten dollars ($10), plus the cost of ammunition. You will need to chose a gun that has two magazines available for it.
Please note! Unlike our Intro classes, you must be able to load your magazines yourself. A magazine loader such as an Uplula loader can greatly help you load your magazines easier and faster! We strongly recommend getting one of these before the class. Magazine loaders are available for purchase in our retail store. Some guns do come with a magazine loader when purchased new, if so please bring it.
2) Plan on shooting a minimum of 100 rounds of range ammunition (FMJ) for your handgun. Ammunition can be purchased from our range desk at competitive prices.
3) We recommend that you bring your own eye and ear protection–electronic shooting muffs are preferred. Electronic hearing protection is very reasonable to purchase these days and you’ll have a better experience.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT ONLINE TODAY– these events fill up quickly. In order to to provide quality attention to our students, we have a fixed number of available seats.
Course Length: Usually about 60-90 minutes.
Check Dates for Available Courses, If Date Does Not Appear In Drop Down Menu It Has Been Filled
*****IMPORTANT: Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of class to complete waivers at our range desk*****NOTE: DUE TO VERY LIMITED CLASS SIZE, THERE ARE NO REFUNDS IF YOU DO NOT SHOW UP FOR CLASS! IF YOU SIGN UP, SHOW UP!
Late arrivals: Due to safety considerations and important safety training, late arrivals will not be seated, but allowed to attend the next available class.
REGISTRATION ONLINE IS REQUIRED TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT, SO SIGN UP TODAY!